Job Vacancy: Fundraising and Development Specialist
Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Networks (APRRN)
04 Oct 2023
15 Oct 2023
2.5 days per week, flexible
4 months, from 1 November 2023 (or before)
- Advance APPRN’s fundraising strategy, in collaboration with the two CO-SGs.
- Keep an overview of the changing funding landscape in the region as it relates to the human rights of displaced persons and other vulnerable people on the move.
- Map prospective donors, in particular in the region, but also beyond, and manage a donor database Identify and pursue new and innovative funding opportunities, and propose new proposed financial partnerships to the CO-SGs.
- Prepare Fundraising briefings for the CO-SGs ahead of meetings with established and prospective funders.
- Develop and manage a funding pipeline spreadsheet.
- Develop high-quality funding proposals in collaboration with the CO-SGs and other staff.
- Together with the CO-SGs, maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential donors.
- Guide, advise, and support the APRRN Secretariat and the membership in fundraising capacity strengthening, and provide relevant partnership opportunity information.
- Draft, review, and disseminate APRRN impact briefings to donors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in non-profit management, fundraising management, communications, marketing, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in a development or fundraising role with an NGO, preferably in the Asia Pacific region or international contexts.
- Previous experience in fundraising, proposal writing, budgeting, and reporting is required.
- Experience writing successful funding proposals, programme reports, and budgets is essential.
- Experience consulting with multiple partners/stakeholders across contexts in order to design and develop fundraising strategies.
- Experience working with rights-based NGOs and Refugee Led Initiatives.
- A good understanding of the overall socio-political and human rights situation in the Asia Pacific region would be an asset.
- Excellent coordination and task management skills.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities while managing competing deadlines.
- Diplomatic and able to maintain good relations with donors, APRRN members, and APRRN stakeholders.
- Able to work proactively and supportively within a team.
- Communication skills: ability to write persuasively.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- IT Skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, is essential.
How to apply
Please send your application in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Application: APRRN Fundraising and Development Specialist”.
The application should include:
- A CV not more than 3 pages
- A cover letter addressing selection criteria, not more than 2 pages
- A written sample not more than 3 pages, unedited by others (we will not accept a report or any published articles that you co-edited with others)
- Contact details for three referees
Please make sure these are saved in one document and the title of the document is Application_APRRN_FDS [Your full name].